Calligraphy

Writing systems, visual arts, and other cultural bits

Re: Calligraphy

Postby Dedalvs » Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 am

Okay. First, I think it's good to note that all of you are using Windows, so something having to do with that conversion is probably causing problems (even though it's not supposed to). It should work fine for Macs on everything. Right now there are two types of problems:

1. Font Internal: As has happened before with previous connecting fonts I've tried, there are kerning problems whereby certain letters don't connect as expected (or at certain font sizes), and also certain characters are skinner than others (not sure if I should fix that, though, as a uniform character width is just so, so nice...).
  2. Konulatse Problems: "Konulatse" is the Kenakoliku word for the English word I've forgotten that has to do with something not working as expected on different platforms and in different applications.

I can fix the first types of problems (I changed a bunch of stuff when I was trying to fix a problem that had a simple fix that I just didn't see right away [and then I forgot the stuff I changed so I didn't change it back]), but the second type involve a TON of variables. That'll take time and testing. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I still like the idea of having multiple writing systems. :)
Dedalvs

Postby kadani » Wed May 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Do you accuse me of using Windows‽ :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kaju'il vaixunus'tan viskoreja! Ines'il viskoreja!
Fight linguistic extinction! Invent a language!
Rejistanian word of the day
kadani

Postby Dedalvs » Thu May 20, 2010 2:47 am

kadani wrote:Do you accuse me of using Windows‽ :evil: :evil: :evil:

Do you not?! Hooray! :D
Dedalvs

Previous

Return to Arts And Crafts