Introductions, AGAIN

For all those things not related to the project at hand that you want to post in English.

Introductions, AGAIN

Postby Miatato » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

We had introductions on the old board. Now that we're here, I thought I'd start it up again.

To kick it off, I am Mia. My username is a portmanteau of Mia (my name) and potato (just because it is a funny word). I have several previous conlangs, but the only one readily available on the Net at this point is Teliya Nevashi. My most complete language is ea-luna, though it is in need of some reconstruction at this point.
Miatato
Site Admin

Re: Introductions, AGAIN

Postby Matthew Turnbull » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:21 am

Hi-ya there, I'm Matthew Turnbull, I usually tend to go by ave matthew, jindra mathyu or ave mathyu, but I recently learned that ave was a word in Latin meaning something along the lines of "hail", what I intended of course was not "hail matthew" but rather "be.named.1sg.Pres". How embarassing :( anyhow, I live in Manitoba, Canada and I'll give you two guesses what town, but if you're smart you'll only need one (I'll give you a hint, the water's dirty). My principal conlang is Jorayn, and here's a link to what I have written about it
[url]jorayn.nfshost.net[/url]
ave matyu at vijeréiisoblarre ayna
saluton mi nomas mateo kaj lingvokreas mi
je me nomme Matthew Turnbull et je fais la glossopoésie
Matthew Turnbull

Postby kadani » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am

Hejida!

Xe'elu Mesetil. Xe'aru duixlan'ha'tes ji viriten'ha side. Rejavisko'het'ny'xe ralava min'aru rejistaniha ji JeSiK~ha.

Le'ideńe'ireli ŧele!

Tiláhálá'igitá vi'a jámecádilá. Madédéhalagíta vile jagemeniŧe mi mijedehala vile ja'íjéka. 'alacéńétédéli vizágáŧá tí'ísabalígí'a re'áli járejisátánile mi jasabagé'ale.

Hello!

I am Mechthild (/mECthilt/) (and I rejistanized the name to Mesetil (/me:"ze:til/) and JSGized it to mecátilá (/meZ6dil6/)). I am from Germany and in the UK. My conlangs are Rejistanian and Jasabagé'a.
Kaju'il vaixunus'tan viskoreja! Ines'il viskoreja!
Fight linguistic extinction! Invent a language!
Rejistanian word of the day
kadani

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello! I am Zwangzug, from the USA. My conlang is called Magwābon‎, but I'm still a relative newcomer to the field.
Zwangzug

Postby Dedalvs » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi! My name is David Peterson. I created Kamakawi, Zhyler, and some others. I'm currently the secretary of the LCS, and listening to Judy Collins.
Dedalvs

Postby kadani » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:11 pm

You are the creator of Kamakawi? Wow! I like the aesthetics of that language! Good work! :ugeek:
kadani

Postby Dedalvs » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 pm

kadani wrote:You are the creator of Kamakawi? Wow! I like the aesthetics of that language! Good work! :ugeek:

Yeah, that's me. Thanks! You know, it occurs to me that you might enjoy doing something Sylvia Sotomayor are doing. I'm doing a Kamakawi Word of the Day blog, and Sylvia's doing a Kēlen Word of the Day blog, and we were hoping to get more people to do the same with their conlangs. Rejistanian, it strikes me, is just the type of language that a word of the day blog would suit well, with its large vocabulary and well-developed conhistory. If you were an LCS member, we could give you a url, database and Word Press set up to do it, but there are plenty of other free blogs everywhere (Blogger seems like a good one). If you got one set up, I'd link to you from mine. :)
Dedalvs

Postby kadani » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm

I would love to join the LCS, but think this is impossible from .de/.uk since it relies on pay'pal' for the membership fees and they could not be more obvious about not wanting my services if they wrote onto their homepage "Not for kadani". I made very bad experiences with these ****tards.
kadani

Postby kadani » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 am

I decided to create a word of the day blog at http://rejistania.wordpress.com/ . Yes, I am taking requests for words. :D
kadani

Postby Dedalvs » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 am

kadani wrote:I would love to join the LCS, but think this is impossible from .de/.uk since it relies on pay'pal' for the membership fees and they could not be more obvious about not wanting my services if they wrote onto their homepage "Not for kadani". I made very bad experiences with these ****tards.

Sorry about the Paypal problems. :( If it helps, you can also mail us a check via snail mail.

kadani wrote:I decided to create a word of the day blog at http://rejistania.wordpress.com/ . Yes, I am taking requests for words. :D

Hooray! I'll link to your site.
Dedalvs

Next

Return to English Chat