Postby Miatato » Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I hope it works!
Miatato
Site Admin

Re: Calligraphy

Postby Dedalvs » Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Miatato wrote:I hope it works!

It did.

I would much prefer the ordinary features to work as intended, but I found a bypass that included the same functionality in the main, universally-supported "liga" feature. A sample is below:

And you can download the font here.

There are still some things that could do with fixing, but some of those fixes will be simple, others taxing. The font, though, should work. :)

Of course, there are no numbers or punctuation...
Dedalvs

Postby Miatato » Thu May 13, 2010 8:10 am

Awesome! :)
Miatato
Site Admin

Postby Matthew Turnbull » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

I dunno why, but the font won't work for me, I tried it in openoffice in Ubuntu, and hit the keys <bird> and got this, also it doesn't seem to contain a full character set when I try to input a character. Is this because I jumped the gun and downloaded an old version, or is the font broken for my environment?
ave matyu at vijeréiisoblarre ayna
saluton mi nomas mateo kaj lingvokreas mi
je me nomme Matthew Turnbull et je fais la glossopoésie
Matthew Turnbull

Postby Dedalvs » Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 am

Matthew Turnbull wrote:I dunno why, but the font won't work for me, I tried it in openoffice in Ubuntu, and hit the keys <bird> and got this,

As you'll recall, Kenakoliku doesn't have an "r". I just filled "r" with a random character.

Matthew Turnbull wrote:also it doesn't seem to contain a full character set when I try to input a character. Is this because I jumped the gun and downloaded an old version, or is the font broken for my environment?

The font has a full character set for our phonology. It doesn't need anything else, so why make characters for them (and what would they look like)? (Note: Though we still need to decide on numbers and punctuation.) But what's happening with your program is that it's not using ligatures. You have to go into OpenOffice (however you do it in there) and tell it to use either default ligatures (should work), or all ligatures (must work). Then keep in mind when typing that the only characters available are those for which we have phonemes (p, t, k, b, d, g, m, n, ng, l, f, v, s, z, x, j, tx, dj, ts, dz, a, e, i, o, u).
Dedalvs

Postby Miatato » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 am

It worked out ok, more or less, for me in OpenOffice for Windows.
Attachments
kenafont.PNG
kenafont.PNG (3.53 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
Miatato
Site Admin

Postby Dedalvs » Sat May 15, 2010 4:06 am

Miatato wrote:It worked out ok, more or less, for me in OpenOffice for Windows.

?!

I'm baffled. That looks like a bunch of problems which shouldn't occur together. The spaces between letters, well, that may happen (need to meddle with the parameters), but I have no idea why it appears to be treating spaces as letters when it comes to using final and initial forms. Also, it looks like the last letter is slightly...raised? No idea what's up with that. That happened naturally while you were typing?
Dedalvs

Postby Miatato » Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 am

Yes, that's the way it happened.
Miatato
Site Admin

Postby kadani » Sun May 16, 2010 6:56 pm

GIMP does not have the space issue. Mousepad (a Linux editor) does. :/ Despite that: AWESOME++ work! :ugeek:
Kaju'il vaixunus'tan viskoreja! Ines'il viskoreja!
Fight linguistic extinction! Invent a language!
Rejistanian word of the day
kadani

Postby alavda-isere » Sun May 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I'm using Microsoft Office 2007 and I am having different problems. Here's what I get with the first 5 words on your example list:

So the spacing works sometimes, but not usually. (Also, when I try to put spaces between words,the font changes from Kenakoliku to Times New Roman, but I'm not sure if that's an issue with the font or what.)
alavda-isere

PreviousNext

Return to Arts And Crafts